Thursday 14 July 2011

Hi Happy Scrappers!

How excited was I to get the latest issue of Scrapbooking Memories this week? A few months ago there was a lovely surprise email from Cassie Bellemore, asking me to take part in an SBM challenge. The challenge was to make one layout and one card using the free paper set, designed by Nikki Sivils. I was pretty nervous in case I had a mental block when it arrived but I had heaps of fun playing around with the paper and embellishments. In fact, in some ways it was easier than using my own stash - sometimes you can just have way too much scrap crap with this addiction of ours!
Anyway, since I'm not allowed to put the layout on my blog for a couple of months, here's a sneaky peaky from the magazine itself:


I was also thrilled to have a layout of my other son in the magazine but I guess I'll have to save that one for a later date....

On a similar note I had my first layout published in Australian Scrapbooking Ideas this month as well -


It was a very quick layout of my two boys just before heading off to a pirate party. I actually managed to get a decent photo of them, before the scarves came off their heads and party food got smeared all over them.

So I'm a very happy little scrapper at the moment...it's always lovely to see your name in print but I know there are heaps of amazing scrappers out there who haven't got published. It took me 2 years of submitting to see my stuff in print - but I guess my persistence paid off. Either that or they just printed a layout out of sympathy...


Cheers and thanks for stopping by,
Claire xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!