Sunday 7 August 2011

Merry Christmas

Well alright...maybe not in August.

Scrapbooking Memories are on the hunt for Christmas layouts this month so I thought I'd attempt only my second ever Christmas layout. Yep, 5 years of scrapping and I've only ever done one Christmas themed layout! I don't know what it is - every year I'm like the paparazzi and take a ridiculous amount of photos. And I'm never happy with any of them! There's always way too much Christmas crap in the background, the kids faces are always hidden when they're unwrapping their presents, the shots are blurred....just nothing works. On top of this I find it REALLY hard to find Christmas papers that I actually like. Last year I really struggled, although I did love Echo Park's range which I used for my Christmas cards.

So, in an attempt to give myself some Christmas cheer in August, I did a layout using Basic Grey's Figgy Pudding range from a couple of years ago -





If you can't read the journalling, I'm basically saying I'm a bit of a Bah Humbug when it comes to Christmas in Australia. I really struggle to feel 'Christmassy' in the heat and long for cold weather, the Queens Speech at 3 o'clock on the BBC and that completely over-bloated feeling after a massive lunch of roast turkey and Christmas pud. Any Brits out there will know what I mean - a seafood lunch just doesn't do it for me!
Luckily with the kids I find it a lot easier now, so manage to keep a smile on my face. A chilled bottle of Chardy always helps too!

Anyway, cheers and thanks for stopping by,
Claire xx

1 comment:

  1. Your layout is adorable! I really love your style.

    Thankyou for leaving some love over at my blog
    xx :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!