Saturday 28 January 2012

Bored bored bored

Hi Scrappers,

Haven't felt like scrapping in the last few days. I don't think I could find an original idea if it came and whacked me in the head at the moment. I seem to resort to the same set of stamps and the same style every time and I'm getting bored! I've done a quick card for the Play Date Cafe challenge again, just to try and kick start that mojo. I say 'quick' but I decided to do some stamping on gesso. It seemed to take hours to dry and, looking at the card, you can barely tell. I could have just stamped on to white cardstock and saved myself a whole heap of time and mess!

The colours for this week are:


In other words plum, pear and mouldy cheese! Here's my version -


I've used some plum coloured ink for the flowers, together with some yellow (pears go a bit yellow don't they?). I've also alternated using plum card and 'mouldy' coloured patterned paper for the butterflies (make that MME!)


You might be able to see the gesso on the close up a bit better. Not really worth it was it?

Oh well, let's hope that mojo reappears.

Happy scrapping everyone and thanks for stopping by,

Claire xx

6 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous card Claire. I love the colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Claire, are you being a bit hard on yourself about the gesso not being as obvious as you hoped... it gives it a bit more dimension and adds to the effect nicely.
    Love it,
    Zan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, worth all of your extra effort!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous card Claire.

    Deb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally know what you mean, about doing something to your card, but you can't even tell when all is said and done. Still, I like the effect of a window pane your card has, peeking out to butterflies and blossoms.

    Thanks for playing with us at The Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful layout. Those butterflies make me so happy. Thanks so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!