Tuesday 24 January 2012

Play date...again!

Hi Scrappers,

Well, the school holidays are almost over - hope you've managed to stay sane throughout them. My oldest boy is about to start Kindy next week so I'm bracing myself for his first day. Apparently there will be tissues available for the parents in the school hall, although I do sometimes wonder if that's for the tears of relief because we get a break at long last! Oops - am I really that bad a Mum?

Anyway, moving on - here's my Play Date Cafe card for this week. The colour combo was:


In other words - slate, bark, moss and burlap. Now I'm still not 100% sure what burlap is - in some pics it looks like a very pale pink, in others a kind of natural, creamy hue. I went for the cream -


I used some Cosmo Cricket papers with a Studio Calico mask and some Mister Huey's mist. Talk about being organized - it's not actually hubbie's birthday until October. Maybe I should marry someone else in the meantime....

Happy scrapping everyone and thanks for stopping by,

Cheers,
Claire x

6 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card Claire!

    Good luck with the start of kindy. You feel all kinds of emotions. I hope your boy has a great time at kindy :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic card for a male Claire, love love love it
    Zan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Kinder... mine will be going to preschool after being home tor almost 3 years. We've never been separated before. *sniff* Anyway, good luck with yours.

    And I'm absolutely loving your card. It's so hard for me to make my creations look manly or boyish. I always end up with too many flowers or something. Yours though, is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You wrapped the twine in such a neat way, Claire! And this kind of layout is a great way to use up skinny paper scraps. Cool idea!

    Thanks a bunch for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a clean, beautiful, masculine card, Claire! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I LOVE how you've combined those scraps of paper. This one caught my eye right away in the gallery. Thank you for playing along with The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!