Tuesday 16 September 2014

Colour Q #259

G'day again!

Well Tuesday's rolled around once more so it's time for a brand new Colour Q challenge! Check out those wellies - or as they say Down Under 'gumboots.' Way too snazzy to be jumping in mud puddles eh?










I used Waltzingmouse's Heirloom Patterns to stamp the background and some SU markers to colour in parts of the stamped image to make my own patterned paper.  It took forever colouring in those little squares and triangles but I'm pleased with the result.  Definitely not something I'd be doing after one too many wines though...

I used the lovely, simple sketch over at The Deconstructed Sketch to help with the design - I added a piece of vellum under the square panel, just to soften up that multi-coloured background and some more vellum to white emboss the butterflies.

Make sure you go and send some love to the rest of the DT this week - thanks for popping over!

Claire x





4 comments:

  1. Wow! Claire, the background here is stunning ... love how you've coloured each individual 'mosaic', such dedication and sooooo worth it! Beautiful, soft butterflies against it and just the perfect touch of bling! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way ! You made that background!!!!! Gorgeous card Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so pretty, Claire. The fact that you MADE that background just blows me away; the execution is fantastic! What a wonderful take on the inspiration sketch and use of those colors! I always go weak in the knees over vellum butterflies!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!