Sunday 12 October 2014

Hello Again - Casology Week 116

Hello again!

It's another beautiful weekend here in Sydney and I've spent some of the day learning to use a boat on the river so I'm able to get to my new job without hitching a lift!  I'm truly beginning to understand why people live on a river...it's such a tranquil place and there's a completely different pace of life down there. 

For us urbanites the pace of life feels a bit quicker which is why I've only managed to make one card in the last few days.  Yet again I've used a 'hello' stamp from Waltzingmouse...I seem to be saying hello a lot recently.  The cue word over at Casology is 'splatter.'








It was going to be a one layer card and I began masking off the circle and stamping the splatters using the splatter stamp from PTI's Grunge Me set. I then stamped over it with the hello sentiment.   It just looked a bit flat though, so instead I die cut the masked circle, matted it on black and then stamped the sentiment underneath.  I added a coating of Wink of Stella to the letters and a few clear sequins - I still think it's CAS, just with a few more steps involved.

Anyway, that's all from me now - check out the DT's fabulous stuff...they always have such amazing ideas!

Thanks for stopping,

Claire x





5 comments:

  1. The added dimension is fabulous, Claire ... and deliciously CAS ... and the cascade of sequins is gorgeous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire. I love this "organized," contained splatter! (That's MY kind of splatter!) Beautiful colors, great black border, lovely shine on the sentiment. A great card all around! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire, you always AMAZE and delight!!! THIS is a delightful splatter card! YAY! Thanks for joining us at CAsology!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing card!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it so much! So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the corralled splatter and the sentiment extending off the central panel !!! Congratulations for honourable mention !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!