Monday 2 March 2015

Rocking with Freshly Made


G'day folks!

A very CAS card for a very CAS sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches. I used the theme from Time Out which is 'rock around the clock.' 






Not having anything time-related in my stash I opted for a card with a musical theme.  I've been meaning to try out this bokeh technique for ages...if you haven't tried it, it truly is the easiest technique in the world! There are so many great tutorials out there but I used a combination of these - http://www.stampawaywithme.blogspot.com.au/2014/08/august-2014-release-week.html and
http://dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad.com/dawns_stampin_studio/2015/02/bo.html.

I used distress inks for the background but it looks like pretty much any kind of ink will do. The guitar has been cut using my Silhouette and the sentiment is PTI.

That's all from me folks, hope you have a fabulous week!

Claire x


4 comments:

  1. A BIG wow for this Claire! Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous!! I love that simple black and white guitar on that vivid background - beautifully done. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ... luscious colours in that bokeh background, Claire ... gorgeous with that crisp black and white guitar! Happy to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rocked the bokeh technique, that's for sure, Claire! The colors and theme are equally awesome! Congratulations on the well-deserved WIN at Time Out!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!