Friday 4 September 2015

CAS-ual Fridays - Challenge #143

Hello folks!

It's been a long time between posts!  I've just returned from a hectic trip overseas, catching up with family and friends in Germany and the UK.  I left the kids at home (along with hubby) and had three weeks of darting up and down the country seeing various godchildren, close friends, cousins and my beautiful new niece.  How lucky am I?

After succumbing to horrendous jet lag, I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things and first up is the brand new challenge for the CAS-ual Fridays Clean and Simple challenge.  This month we have a musical theme:









I had a play with CAS-ual Fridays Heart Beats for this one, together with the matching Double Note Fri-die. I die cut the note three times from black and cream card stock, then used a gold leaf pen and Copics to colour. I added a heap of Glossy Accents to the hearts and a sliver of glitter for some sparkle.  It looked a little to minimalist so I added a couple of thin strips of card stock underneath the sentiment for some detail.

So get your musical mojo out and create a clean and simple card with a musical theme to be in the running for a prize. If you prefer a few more layers, you can create something for the CAS-ual Fridays CAS-ual Chic challenge which you can find here.

Thanks for popping by!

Claire x


5 comments:

  1. Your card is stunning Claire and I love those pretty little hearts:) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, you're back, Claire ... sounds as though you had a fantastic time! And you got it!! Stunning card ... those sweet intertwined heart notes are brilliant ... love the shadowing ... and all the gorgeous shimmer and shine! Seems Monsieur Mojo travelled well with you!! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire, I'm back again! I seem to visiting you alot at the moment and have just left a comment on your 'blue' card from Time Out. Just wanted to say how gorgeous your DT card is. Love the gold/red/black and white combo, its quite striking and stylish. Wish I had purchased this note die now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I love the way the notes are intertwined....so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!