Wednesday 6 January 2016

Paper Smooches January Guest Designer!

Happy New Year!

Hope you have all had a fantabulous Christmas! 

It's been a while since I wrote a post or even made a card. We spent Christmas on the beach in Tasmania. A very different Christmas experience for us all - a barbecue lunch with freshly caught fish, fresh prawns, beautiful wine, lots of presents (somehow Santa found the kids), good friends,  did I say wine?  It was a really wonderful way to spend Christmas.

Just before I left, I received an email from Kim over at Paper Smooches Stamps, telling me I was January's Guest Designer! A lovely surprise and I came home to some gorgeous happy mail which I've been playing with ever since. She has some great new products in store so check them out here.

My first card for January is this one:






I used the brand new Hibiscus Die as my focal point. I coloured it with Copics and curved the leaves and petals up a little to add some dimension. It's resting on a die cut paint stroke from Paint Strokes Dies  and the sentiment is from the Silver and Gold stamp set. For the background I randomly stamped a variety of flourishes from Curls and Swirls in Versamark.  Love this stamp set! Somehow all the flourishes fit in with each other so you don't have to spend half an hour working out where to place them all...or is it only me who does that?

Well, first card down and a few more to go. I'll back back next Wednesday with another!

Thanks for popping by,

Claire x



4 comments:

  1. Gosh your Xmas sounds wonderful. And congrats on your GD. I adore you used a coloured base, really makes the flowers pop. Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Happy new year! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Claire and Happy New Year! And what a wonderful card - the colours really pop against the black!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your GD spot, Claire ... great to have you back! Sounds as though Christmas was magical ... and delicious! Gorgeous card ... bold, dramatic and so stylish! Hope 2016 has started splendidly for you! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!