Monday 24 April 2017

Playing with Color Bursts

Hello again,

The big bloke gave me a voucher for the local craft store recently but rather than do what I normally do and rush in and spend the dosh, I actually had a browse, then went home and did some research. I decided to buy a set of Ken Oliver's Color Burst pigment powders. 

Playing with just one sheet of watercolour paper produced 3 cards - one for the latest My Favourite Things Colour Challenge and a couple for Casology, where the cue word is 'grow.':












I could play with these pigment powders all day - I love how you get a different look every time you use them. For the first card I embossed MFT's Bundles of Blossoms background stamp in blue, over the coloured panel. It looked very busy with all those bursts of colour and embossing so I had to make it a little more CAS and added a couple of slanted panels and a Die-namics Accent It sentiment. (Perhaps discontinued as I can't find it on the website!) I smothered the sentiment in very sparkly white glitter but my photo really doesn't do it justice!

For the next cards I embossed PTI's Botantical Blocks - one in gold and the other in white. I'm not sure which I like best..what do you think? It would be so easy to make a quick set of cards for a gift using these stamps and backgrounds...they took about 2 minutes!

Hope you get time to get inky this week!

Claire 





5 comments:

  1. These are all vibrant and awesome, Claire! That last one is my favorite! Even though it is vibrant it makes me feel all warm and cozy!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your beautiful warm sunny colors Claire! Fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Claire! LOVE the vibrant colors!
    Thanks for joining CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Striking, bold and so vibrant, Claire ... such stunning colour bursting! The last one with the white embossing is my favourite ... love the contrast of the white against the bright colour! We played with Darnell's brusho's at the Lake House ... I made a mess!! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claire these are all so beautiful! Warm and bright for sure! I still need to see the Papertrey Ink video ! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!